Prima Medical Foundation is looking forward to welcoming new patient support professionals to our positive, high-energy team. With a network of clinics throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County, Prima functions as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren’t just making a living; we’re making a positive impact on the health of our patients and their families.
Prima Medical Foundation is looking for a per diem Surgery Scheduler for our clinics in Novato and Sonoma.
The Surgery Scheduler maintains physician’s clinics and surgery schedules, provides direct assistance to physicians, and manages communication and correspondence directly with staff, patients, physicians and the Practice Manager. The Surgery Scheduler also maintains exceptional communication with local hospital and outpatient facilities.
Per diem employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k)+company match and Employee Assistance Program the first of the month following thirty days of employment. Prima is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Use electronic medical records to complete patient or Physician task requests
- Schedule surgery for multiple providers
- Communicate professionally with OR, assisting physicians, patients, and insurance companies
- Authorize surgeries, procedures, and medications
- Verify patient medical and pharmacy benefits
- Complete disability forms and related forms
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation
- Complete referrals accurately and appropriately
- Direct patient care
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate required.
- Minimum two years of experience in a medical clinic or physician’s office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of Allscripts and Centricity software a plus
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Knowledge of insurance plans
Please send your resume in text, .doc, or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and salary requirement.
REFERENCE JOB CODE: PMF2016-28