Prima Medical Foundation is looking forward to welcoming new patient support professionals to our positive, high-energy team. With a network of clinics throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County, Prima functions as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren’t just making a living; we’re making a positive impact on the health of our patients and their families.
Prima Medical Foundation is looking for a full-time, benefited Surgery Scheduler for our busy office in Larkspur.
This position provides support to General Surgeons, Colo-Rectal Surgeons and other surgeons or specialists working as part of a multi-specialty medical office team. General duties will include: maintaining doctors’ clinic and surgery schedules; providing direct assistance to the doctors; managing communication and correspondence directly with staff, patients, and Practice Manager; act as liaison for specific specialist vendors; maintain exceptional communication with local hospital and outpatient facilities.
This position is classified as full-time, regular position. We have a generous benefits package. Employees are eligible for medical, vision, and dental benefits on the first of the month following thirty days of employment, and are eligible to participate in our 401(k) on the first of the month following employment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Making appointments for new and returning patients
- Scheduling surgeries, procedures and colonoscopies
- Maintaining physician schedules to assure efficient work flow
- Interfacing with Practice Manager regarding scheduling issues
- Direct assistance to physicians
- Providing administrative assistance to physicians
- Obtaining necessary authorizations for surgeries, procedures and colonoscopies, if applicable
- Submitting clinical information to outside sources at request of doctor, i.e. medical records for consult referrals, surgery details, etc.
- Direct communication with patients
- Answering incoming telephone calls and providing excellent customer service
- Providing new patients with patient packets for registration and prep information for surgeries, procedures and colonoscopies
- Greeting patients as the enter and leave the clinic in a welcoming, professional manner
- Sending letters to patients regarding surgery information
- Office Maintenance
- Maintaining order in the waiting room throughout the day
- Keeping work area effectively in order and free from hazards
- Maintain exam rooms as needed
- Report facility problems immediately
- Remains professional, calm, and effective in emergent or high pressure situations
- Act as a team player with all staff members
- Perform all other duties as required or assigned.
- Demonstrated punctuality, reliability, and professionalism
- At least one year of related medical office experience
- Prior surgery scheduling experience preferred
- Demonstrated and exceptional follow through and completion of tasks
- History of exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding and usage of medical terminology
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes, especially related to general surgery a plus
- Expertise in effective, tactful communication skills
- Experience with and proficiency in use of electronic medical record systems; use of Allscripts software a plus
- Ability to read, write, do arithmetic, and apply reasoning skills equal to at least that of the average high school graduate.
- Proficient computer skills and accuracy of data entry
- Ability to work unsupervised
Please send your resume in text, .doc, or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
REFERENCE JOB CODE: PMF2017-23
External hires must pass a background check. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.