When you come in for your consultation, your physician will establish a “risk profile” based on several variables including:
- Your destination/s and the duration of your stay in each.
- The season in which you are traveling.
- The type of travel you are doing (ex: recreational, business, missionary work)
- Your travel “style” (Such as: Are you a backpacker? Do you plan to stay in resorts or are you camping?)
- Your personal health situation (chronic illnesses, medications you are taking, etc)
- Your previous travel experience and travel immunization history.
Based on this risk profile we will provide you with the information you need about the required and recommended:
- Prescription Medications
- Prophylactic medications for diseases such as Malaria
- Cultural and Safety Issues about your destination/s
- Basic Recommendations for Travel Health