Prima Medical Foundation is looking forward to welcoming new patient support professionals to our positive, high-energy team. With a network of clinics throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County, Prima functions as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren’t just making a living; we’re making a positive impact on the health of our patients and their families.
Prima Medical Foundation is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) for our busy OBGyn/UroGyn practice in Greenbrae.
The Registered Nurse (RN) for the OBGyn/UroGyn offices will act as a Triage Nurse as well as provide direct patient care. The Triage Nurse is a part of the health care team who provides virtual care to established patients. This position is a Registered Nurse RN who practices nursing via the telephone, utilizing the nursing process, input from physicians, and the organizationally approved telephone nursing guidelines and protocols. The functions of this position include electronic prescription renewal, triage to the most appropriate level of care, providing advice and self-care intervention, identifying resources, consulting and referring, and performing nurse follow-up activities. This position will include assisting providers with in office procedures, and providing direct medical care to patients. All duties and responsibilities fall within departmental and organizational guidelines and are within the scope of practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and in compliance with state laws and medical nursing standards of care. Operates within scope of practice for Registered Nurses in the State of California.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Talks directly to patients on the telephone and directs them to an emergency room or urgent care center, or to see their physician during office hours.
- Performs short evaluation of the patient situation to estimate severity of illness and/or injury including learning about chief complaint and, as possible, obtaining vital sign and mental status information.
- Determines urgency of seeing the patient based on brief assessment and on familiarity with a patient’s condition and history. May use computerized medical information database, which uses algorithms that closely imitate physician logic and thought patterns, as guide. Confers with physician as needed.
- Sends those with high-risk chief complaints such as chest pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to ER immediately or arranges for ambulance. May provide appropriate home health advice to those patients who do not need to go directly to the ER.
- Sets up appointment for patients who do not need to go to ER but need to see a physician or arranges for an appointment scheduler to make the appointment.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Current California RN license
- BLS Certification
- Three to five years of practical Obstetrics, Gynecology, Urology and/or Urogynecology experience; outpatient experience preferred.
- One to two years of practical experience in a physician’s office or medical office setting preferred.
We have a generous benefits package. Employees are eligible for medical, vision, and dental benefits on the first of the month following thirty days of employment, and are eligible to participate in our 401(k) on the first of the month following employment.
Send your resume in text, .doc, or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prima Medical Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.