ABOUT PRIMA MEDICAL FOUNDATION:
Prima Medical Foundation (an affiliate of Marin General Hospital) is looking for healthcare professionals to join our positive, high-energy team to delivering world-class patient care across Marin County! With a network of clinics across many different medical specialties throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County, Prima functions as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren’t just making a living; we’re making a positive impact on the health of our patients and their families. Come and join us in touching and transforming lives every day!
We have an excellent benefits package, such as medical/vision/dental insurance, generous PTO and paid holiday, 401(k) with company match, and more!
Prima Medical Foundation is looking for a Triage Nurse for our Larkspur location.
The Triage Nurse appropriately triages patient symptoms both in the clinic and on the phone. This includes nursing assessment, problem identification, planning, reporting of complex clinical data to the appropriate cardiologist and implementation of the patient’s plan of care as directed by the cardiologist. In addition this nurse will manage transition of care from acute setting to home and support CareTeam duties as assigned.
- Educates patients about their cardiovascular condition and explains treatment options as directed by the cardiologist.
- Teaches patients what they can do to prevent the worsening of cardiovascular conditions, the importance of self monitoring and provide appropriate resources.
- Triages patients’ physical symptoms / arrhythmias appropriately and consults with cardiologists per protocol.
- Participates in Transition of Care Management to ensure discharge medications and instructions are understood by patient and/or family members. Updates medication and problem list in the Electronic Health Record and ensures follow-up with cardiologists.
- Reviews physician tasks and clinical worklist(s) as assigned.
- Reviews daily lab/test results, including INR results when applicable and ensures appropriate management of results per MD.
- Assist the Clinical Nurse Director on matters relating to nursing practices and participates in development of policies and protocols for patient care.
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPPA.
- Assists in maintaining safety equipment / emergency cart within the clinic.
- Maintains and helps to ensure that all documentation is in a state of audit-readiness.
- Promotes ongoing communication and collaboration with the clinical manager, physicians, and appropriate staff to ensure patient safety and adherence to clinic protocols.
- Takes initiative to identify and provide solutions to work-related problems, continuously seeking ways to improve services.
- Occasionally covers for other staff as deemed necessary both inter and intra departmentally.
- Updates Clinical Manager of changes affecting their schedule.
- Professional representative within the clinic and the community.
- Participates in clinic meetings as required.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attends continuing educational seminars to maintain required licensure.
- Demonstrates positive initiative and cooperation between departments.
- Excellent written and oral modes of interpersonal communication.
- Maintains CPR and ACLS certification.
- Current Registered Nurse California
- Minimum of two year cardiovascular clinic experience and/or hospital nursing experience.
- Two years critical care hospital experience preferred.
- Two years case management experience in the hospital or clinic setting preferred.
External hires must pass a background check and medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.