Prima Medical Foundation is looking forward to welcoming new patient support professionals to our positive, high-energy team. With a network of clinics throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County, Prima functions as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren’t just making a living; we’re making a positive impact on the health of our patients and their families.
Prima Medical Foundation is looking for a per diem Medical Assistant for our after hours pediatric clinic in Greenbrae.
Back Office Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Direct Patient care:
- Rooming patients, including obtaining vital signs, obtaining reason for visit, and documenting symptoms their frequency, and severity.
- Provide courteous and compassionate care.
- Documents all required information in electronic medical record. This includes meaningful Use data, Pay for Performance data, and ACO related information.(Allscripts Experience preferred)
- Provide injections, immunizations and other patient care services as ordered by the medical provider.
- Provide assistance during medical procedures.
- Prioritize and triage patient flow.
- Perform CLIA waived lab tests.
- Perform EKG testing.
Communication and correspondence including lab results, prescription management, and referrals:
- Use electronic medical records and work off “task lists” to complete patient visits or requests.
- Recognize urgent medical needs and triage care appropriately.
- Provides patients with accurate information when answering questions and concerns.
- Maintains patient records and protects patient confidentiality.
- Complete referrals accurately and appropriately.
Maintain patient areas and supplies:
- Disinfects exam rooms between patients and all patient areas at end of the day.
- Assist with clinic upkeep, including daily cleaning and supply ordering/inventory.
- Medical Assistant Certification required within 90 days of employment
- CPR Certification required.
- 1 year of related experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with, and proficiency in, electronic medical records. Use of Allscripts software a plus.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish desired.
Send an email and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
External hires must pass a background check. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws. email@example.com