Prima Medical Foundation is looking forward to welcoming new patient support professionals to our positive, high-energy team. With a network of clinics throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County, Prima functions as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren’t just making a living; we’re making a positive impact on the health of our patients and their families.
Prima Medical Group is looking for a full-time, regular Front Office Coordinator for our busy office in Greenbrae.
This position is classified as non-exempt, full-time, regular position. We have a generous benefits package. Employees are eligible for medical and dental benefits on the first of the month following thirty days of employment, and are eligible to participate in our 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account benefits on the first of the month following six months of employment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Direct Patient Care:
• Answer telephones in a cheerful manner.
• Schedule appointments.
• Take messages for patients using electronic medical records.
• Verify and update patient demographic information.
• Register new patients.
• Address patient requests and inquires.
• Resolve patient concerns.
• Process insurance issues and assist patients in understanding insurance plans.
• Return calls as necessary
• Patient referrals
• Greet and check in/out patients, as needed.
• Collect co-payments.
• Update registration and insurance information for existing patients.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Desire at least one year of related medical office experience.
• Experience with, and proficiency in, electronic medical records: Use of Allscripts and Centricity software a plus.
• Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish desired
• Requires an ability to read, write, do arithmetic, and apply reasoning skills equal to that of the average high school graduate. Must be able to demonstrate accurate data entry and ability to work unsupervised.
Send an email and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
External hires must pass a background check. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.